I cannot begin to describe how much i love trance music, it makes me feel very ecstatic! Amazing! And i know i am not the only one who feels like that.
Today, i am gonna explain to you how to listen to trance music, what is the general view of people towards trance music, what makes trance music how it is. Plus more, but i can’t think of anything now. so lets start, shall we?
GENERAL VIEW ON TRANCE MUSIC
I really hate it when people hear the word trance and immediately their minds go to Techno or electronic, I love techno and electronic! But they are different! Some people just don’t have the open-mindedness to listen to trance music.
Some people criticize trance music as “repetitive”, yeah. Trance music IS repetitive, trance artists uses that technique simply to make the listener relax, its the same technique used in lullabies for babies, the repetitive rhythms makes us relax, now what is different in trance music, is that after it puts you in that state of relaxation or “ A State of Trance” its repetition changes suddenly, making us suddenly wake from that state, which it turn produces a very very nice feeling, accompanied with a huge release of endorphins, that is also some of the reason that trance music is usually longer than the normal music, usually 6+ minutes. To make you achieve that deep state of relaxation, Please feel free to ask questions and i will surely answer you.
The people who hate trance didn’t give it a chance, I don’t want them to feel angry or that i hate them. But they really didn’t give trance music a chance, I am open-minded to all kinds of music, and i listen to almost every style. I will explain how to listen to trance music, (based on my opinion).
WHY, HOW DOES IT PROVIDE THESE HIGH SENSATIONS
First of all, the happy feeling is created when lots of endorphins are released in own body, now… now how they do it, trance producers use simple techniques to makes us feel the way we feel.
- I know its lame, but trance artists use, repeating melodies and drumloops to give us a sense of stability, safety; like how lullabies do for babies. And by changing that repetition (“usually the drumloop”) we get a sense of awakening, refreshment and highness.
- Yes, trance is melodic! Not always, but is usually. Melodies, for example I can’t forget the track 2 Million Ways by C-MOS, it had an amazing melody, or even Elements of Life, and also Dust in the Wind – Arnej
- Vocalists used in trance are usually (well actually mostly) females with extremely clear voices, serenading voices. Sometimes vocals are dropped and chopped, which provide another kind of sensation, what I mean by that is vocals are used as an instrument, an awesome track that provides the means of that is Tuvan – Gaia, an awesome track!
– Spatial Effects
- As what most grand DJs state prior to their music, “we will visit another dimension” or “go to another world”, they have actually worked hard to achieve these effects, by making sound feel, far away, or so close up near, or even shifting sounds from right to left, they try to manipulate your mind to make you visualize sound in a 3D spectrum, and gating (“cutting off or lower the volume”) some instruments, or even simply adding some sort of effects (“phasers, flangers, pan-shifters”). These effects combined will make you feel that the music is shifting, the instruments are alive, you are away, in another dimension.
– Visual Effects
- If you ever attended a trance concert by a grand DJ, you will notice that they have professional visual tools, and they hire pros to attend them. They lasers provide a sense of greatness, and aid very much in the Spatial effects mentioned above, especially when they are manned by pros, some djs even control their visuals while djing, which I think is a little bit hard, but the results are superb, since the dj, knows the song and the breaks and stuff.
- Fires and water and other real effects, are amazing specially when used with a track that really match, and to be honest, the best fire and water dances you will ever see is with DJ Tiesto’s Elements of Life Album, a great album that was.
- Dancers; they not only provide erotic sensations, but some professional dancers know when to slow down, when to shift their bodies…
I’d recommend you’d go visit a professionally and spend-on trance concert, go to Above and Beyond’s, Armin Van Buuren’s, Markus Schulz, Cosmic Gate, and Tiesto’s Concerts
They are professionals and have been in the business for years, and they spend a lot of money and planning to provide you with awesome concerts.
In the end all these elements combined, provide such sensation that you will rarely find in other music.
HOW TO LISTEN TO TRANCE MUSIC
trance music can be heard anywhere anytime but there are some ways that we could really get the true sensation of trance.
Go into a room, preferably large, place some giant speakers around the corners of that room, the higher and clearer the better (beware don’t go Concert Loud). If it were me? I would get some chocolates and a hot girl, a sweet smelling cinnamon candle. So i would really suggest that you bring all your favorite stuff, stuff that makes you relax and feel high (Please don’t use drugs, trance is a drug of its own). After you place all that in your room, find a chair that relaxes you, that is if you want to sit, or find your self a place to dance, close all light! Lets make that room as dark as possible (so your mind can just wander around and create visuals of its own!), and crank up the volume, and most importantly, let yourself go and LIVE in the music!
i will update this post as much as possible, please link me, share this post with all your friends,
Keep the Trance Community Alive!